Are you an experienced 1st mate/Bosun who already holds their B1/B2 visa?
Do you enjoy relaxed private owner cruising in the Caribbean, US & New England regions?
A prestigious, state of the art Sloop is on the search for an experienced 1st mate to join their team.
The yacht is typically based out of the US, and will sail the US, Caribbean regions over the next 12 months
The ideal candidate will enjoy a relaxed but professional sailing program and enjoy being a part of tight knit crew of 8
The captain is all about upskilling, and the 1st Mate should be looking to build on helming & drive experience with the ambition of becoming a captain
The yacht will consider candidates worldwide; however they must have their B1 / B2 visa and be ready to flyout within the next few weeks
The Yacht is also looking for an experienced Chef and will consider team options
The Ideal Candidate
• Yachtmaster Ocean minimum but would prefer OOW ( Will also consider AMSA Master 4)
• STCW & ENG 1
• Have previous experience on sail yachts as either a Mate, OOW or Bosun
• Good all-round nautical and navigational knowledge
• Looking to learn under an experienced captain.
• Ability to manage a diverse team
• Very safety conscious
• Good level of self-presentation
• Ability to interact well with guests and crew
• B1/B2 visa
Start- Late August / Early September
Salary- $5500 -$7000 US / Month DOE & Ticket, + 42 days holiday + Medical
- Classification: Mate/Officer
- Location: Americas
- Type: Full-Time